Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baby Massage

Baby Massage is a wonderful way for Mum and Dad to connect with their baby as well as being a way of soothing, relaxing and aiding digestion. Here's a few pointers to to consider before you start:
  • If you happened to listen to soothing music when pregnant, it's a good idea to play that same music softly in the background.
  • Make sure the room is warm and only dimly lit or lit from outside. Keep a rug or towel ready to drape over areas which aren't being massaged.
  • Ensure that you are in a comfortable and safe position. Lay baby on a folded doona on the floor or on your lap while you lean your back on a wall for support.
Here's a link to an Australian Parenting Website showing how to massage baby. If you right-click the link, choose "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window":

Baby Massage

I found some time to make Baby Massage Oil today. I used a blend of apricot kernel oil, ricebran oil and fractionated coconut oil. To this luxurious blend I added my blend of luxury essential oils: Rose damask, sweet orange, rose geranium & lavender.

The main oil is Apricot Kernel which is
rich in essential fatty acids and Vit A, D & E. It's an elegant and luxurious carrier oil with great penetration , while ricebran is credited with being a promoter of collagen formation and is naturally high in vitamin E. Fractionated coconut oil is emollient, softening and protective. Fractionation allows more penetration and makes a much lighter, less greasy oil.



I've packaged it in a lightweight aluminium pump bottle. Since these are quite expensive, I will make refills available in cheaper PET bottles so customers can just refill the aluminium bottle.

4 comments:

Mammamusing said...

Fantastic Meg! I will stock up when I visit.

Mammamusing said...

ps - I can't find any info on testers but would definitely love to test this new product on Amelie!

Megan said...

I'll make sure that I bring some over to Chrissy's when I come to see you!

UNKNOWN said...

i really like this article please keep it up. 경남출장마사지

Post a Comment