Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pure Moisture Shampoo

Today I made some fabulous Pure Moisture Shampoo. This shampoo is designed for a variety of hair types. If your hair is long or dry or thick or coloured, Pure Moisture Shampoo is the one for you. 

I've designed my shampoos to be gentle. If you, like me, can't use other shampoos without getting an itchy, flaky sore scalp, it means you're unable to tolerate the harsh cleansing agents that are used in commercial shampoos. 
I can't use anything with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate or it's derivatives. When I decided to make shampoos, I researched surfactants and came up with the most gentle as well as finding ingredients that made them even more gentle.

Pure Moisture Shampoo contains three different mild surfactants, all derived from either coconut or sugar: sodium cocoyl isethionate, cocobetaine and decyl glucoside. Added to this are mildness agents, coconut, olive and almond derived: glyceryl cocoate and almond glycerides and olive esters. Wet combing ability is helped with a quaternium compound and proteins are added to smooth down and strengthen each hair strand. Panthenol also helps strengthen hair, making it resistant to splitting and protecting it from being damaged by heat from hair dryers and straighteners.

Something new I've decided to do is add a different fragrance each time I make a batch. Customers have told me that although they love the shampoo, they get tired of the same fragrance. Rather than have fragrance options, I've gone for the surprise factor! This batch has been scented with a tropical mango fragrance.



No comments:

Post a Comment