Friday, November 6, 2009

Changes to come in 2010

The new year is advancing quickly, and with harvest coming up and Christmas just around the corner, it's time to start reassessing Skinflint products.

From January 2010, I will no longer be making Sugar Scrub. The product is fraught with difficulties with it's low melting point and other issues, so it's time to say good-bye. Mineral Salts will still be available in five fragrances, Blackberry Sage, Lemon Verbena, Lavender & Green Tea, Rose Geranium and Vanilla Fields. Body Butter will only be available in the one fragrance, White Tea & Ginger. This is light and neutral, so won't interfere with perfume or aftershave.

Another product that will be deleted is the Mum2B Butter. This is due to the fact that Skinflint Body Butter has almost as much cocoa butter as well as nourishing Shea Butter and is just as good as the Mum2B Butter. I don't see any point in having two products, when one dual purpose product will do.

But, there's good news as I'll be introducing Body Lotion in a variety of fragrances! All your favourites, including Blackberry Sage, Vanilla Fields and Rose Geranium, plus some new ones which I'll be testing in the next few weeks.

2010 will also be the time to introduce another Home Fragrance option - Soy Wax Melts. These gorgeous little tubs of fragrance are popped into normal oil burners. They melt and release their beautiful fragrances for hours. I have a huge range of fragrances that I'll be testing in the weeks to come.

I'm also hoping to make fizzing bath bombs in a variety of fragrances, so my house should be smelling wonderful over the next few months! There's a special Peppermint Foot Bomb in the planning stages too.

My long awaited Family Shampoo &  Body Wash is still in the experimental stages at the moment due to problems with thinning once the fragrance is added. I've chosen a specific mild fragrance and will have to look at other thickening options in my next few batches.
I will no longer be making Shower Gel or Liquid Castille once this new product is released.

Customers have been asking about small sized tubes and bottles for travel. I don't make these, as I find they are costly and very fiddly. I suggest you purchase the travel pack from Tupperware, or for a cheaper option, Woolies or Priceline. You can then just refill these small bottles as needed. I am happy to provide labels for you, just email or phone and I'll send some.

Check out the newly released Clay products and the specials on the website!!  www.skinflint.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment