Friday, December 18, 2009

New Cosmeceutical Product

For the last few months, I've been researching those ingredients that are used in so called 'cosmeceuticals'. They are complex and have specific formulation requirements to ensure that the maximum benefits are obtained from each of the ingredients.
Many of them work in synergy, that is, one ingredient on its own isn't as effective unless it's paired with another ingredient. This makes sense, as it's the way our body works too - iron needs Vitamin C to be absorbed into the body. Some ingredients can become unstable when the formulation isn't spot on.

After much soul-searching and experimentation, I've decided not to try to create my own cosmeceutical product, but to trial one that my supplier formulates. This complex formulation needs a qualified chemist, such as the one my supplier uses.

I've been trialling an anti-wrinkle Co-enzyme Q10 product for the last month and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. I'm a 'Wrinkle Change Sceptic', but this product lives up to its name.

I've noticed a definite softening of wrinkles, particularly that frown line. I've had no reaction to the product, though have found it isn't as moisturising as Skinflint Enriching moisturiser.
So, I only use it at night and use Enriching Face Lotion during the day. Since I also use Skinflint Mineral Foundation, I like the extra moisture that EFL provides.

I have been very hesitant to introduce this product as it is really expensive. Having researched and costed the ingredients, I've found that although it's costly, it isn't over-priced. It's packaged in a sensible re-lockable pump bottle made from food grade plastic, so you're not paying for fancy packaging.

This product will be available in the New Year and will be selling for $80. A hefty price tag, considering other Skinflint products, but this is a speciality product and is still cheaper than those on the market now with similar ingredients.

More info later on these ingredients and what they do for your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment