Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Customer Testimonials





When I first began to make my products I gave them to friends and family to test. They were required to fill out a questionnaire after about three weeks of testing.
About 75% of them were returned and I received some wonderful reviews which inspired me to improve various things such as consistency, fragrance, bottles and labels. 99% of the reviews were positive about the products themselves, and I got a real thrill from reading all the wonderful comments.

When I first designed my products I researched all the ingredients that have a positive effect on the skin or hair.
I compared different types of thickeners, emulsifiers, extracts, plant oils, vitamins and preservatives. To this day I continue to do this as new ingredients and new methods are introduced into the cosmetic and toiletries industry.

I know by looking at the ingredients whether my product has a positive effect on the skin or hair. However, since I don't carry out laboratory controlled tests, I can't determine the degree of the effect. In other words, how well it works at reducing the appearance of fine lines or softening the skin or relieving itchy dry skin.  That's why I find customer testimonials an incredibly valuable tool in determining whether I've achieved the aim I was planning when developing my formula.

People often tell me when they love my products and will explain how their skin has improved or their scalp no longer itches. I get some terrific feedback from my customers when they re-order a product and I like to use this feedback as testimonials for my products on the online store. A recent one on Facebook from my niece pleased me no end as it was a  heartfelt "Thank You".

The testimonials I reproduce come from what people have written to me in emails, on Facebook, mentioned in conversation on the phone, when I'm at shows or in the street. They are true statements from real people who were not paid to try the product, nor was the product provided free of charge. These people are customers who purchased the product of their own volition with no incentive whatsoever.

I think that means a heck of a lot more than some movie star claiming a product was the best thing they've ever used. If I was being paid to appear in an advertisement and given loads of free products, I'd say anything!

So, Thank You to my wonderful customers and keep those comments coming, I love hearing them.
They don't all have to be positive either.  Your comments help me improve my products, making them even better as I strive to keep my products up to the standards of those which are considered the very best in the industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment