Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More Soap!

Whew! I've been busy these last few days making soap.
Unfortunately, at the moment I'm totally out of three of the six fragrances in my range. I was caught short recently by some large orders.

A batch of Blackberry Sage and a batch of Lemongrass & Tea Tree are now sitting on their racks curing. Tomorrow I'll be making Peppermint Choc Truffle.
Handmade soap takes about 4 weeks to cure. Some of the water evaporates and the soap continues to saponify.

Soap is even better if it's left for 6 months or more. Recently, I found some of my experimental soap, made about 3 years ago. It's one of the best soaps I've used in ages. Rock hard, but still bubbly and creamy, we used it until it was a little sliver. The fragrance was divine, but I haven't got around to searching through my archived notes to find out what it was!

I will continue to make batches of soap over the next month or so to build up my stocks for Christmas. Soap is always a welcome gift for people of any age and handmade soap is even more welcome. People who can't use supermarket soap because of allergies and the dryness it causes can always use Skinflint Handmade Soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment