Friday, March 20, 2009

Finding time to experiment

It's so hard to find the time to make my products, let alone experiment!

I'm really desperate to make more soap, but am too busy getting my house back into order after having the office renovated and bedroom carpeted and painted.
I have a second hand Nizzy soap mould from a soaper on the Soapdish Forum. I just haven't had a chance to make some soap and use it.

I'd like to try a soap with some clear swirls in it. That would mean making a cold process soap and then pouring some clear melt and pour through it. I've seen some soaps like this and they look great.

I'm also experimenting with fizzing bath salts designed just for feet. I'm having trouble keeping the fizz after the epsom salt has been added. I may just use sea salt instead. If there's no salt in it, the mixture clumps, like a bath bomb. Jess, my daughter, suggested I make bath bombs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment