Saturday, March 21, 2009

Skinflint Toner




Well I finally got some time to get into my workshop and make some products today!
I made 6 litres of Toner, 3 of each sort. Skinflint Toners are a beautiful blend of natural essential oil distillates, the water left from the production of essential oils. Enriching Toner has a blend of neroli and rose hydrosols, while Clarifying Toner is a blend of tea tree and lavender hydrosols. I also include herbal extracts and sodium lactate.

Many people ask me if toner is a necessary part of the everyday skin regime. My answer is that it's adding extra water soluble goodies to your skin. Sodium Lactate is a fantastic humectant and the herbal and plant extracts have different qualities they bring to the skin.

Toner also helps remove any left over dissolved dirt and cleanser that may remain on the skin and prepares it for moisturiser.If you dampen a cotton pad with toner and wipe your neck after a day's work, you'll be amazed at the dirt that's collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment