Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pretty Soap

Finally made some soap today. A beautiful batch of Blackberry Sage. I used the second hand mould I got from a soaper on a forum that I subscribe to. It worked really well. I lined it with garbage bags, not the best, but all I had at the time. I hope to get some acetate to line it with in future.
The soap went straight into the freezer and looks fantastic! It smells divine too...
It popped out of the mould perfectly some 18 hours later looking superb - pure white with purple swirls. Can't wait until it cures. It takes 4 weeks, so I have a bit of a wait!
In the meantime, I'll be making a Choc Orange Truffle, then hopefully I'll be able to experiment with my new soap with the clear chunks. Just not sure of colours and fragrances yet. I may just go with a spearmint or peppermint, but not sure what to put with these...

No comments:

Post a Comment